The annual inspection for 2019 is due to take place in April. The 2018 report has again highlighted areas for the Council to consider and plan future works. These works are currently being designed and have been programmed for September and October 2019. The works will require night time closures and some weekend closures. Community consultation is due to take place on the 24th of April and dates for the works will be confirmed after this.
The annual inspection reports are now available on the web site.
A rock fall in December 2011 resulted in the closure of the A890 at the Stromeferry Bypass for several months. The closure led to major disruption with motorists facing a 130 mile diversion.
31 route options located in 6 route corridors were identified during a pre-appraisal study period. These were sifted to 17 route options. A shortlist was established to take forward to a second stage of more detailed appraisal.
- 2 northern routes with either a tunnel or bridge across Strome Narrows
- 5 online options with either a viaduct, tunnel, extended avalanche shelter and shared use rail or road or do minimum on the existing line of the road
- 1 southern route through Glen Udalain
- 1 renewable energy option
The detailed appraisal of these routes is still underway.
- Draft report of the outcomes was presented to local communities
- Presentation from public exhibitions
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org