Council Tax banding

Changes to banding

Only in limited circumstances can the Assessor change the banding of your property, for example:

  • A property has reduced in value by virtue of a demolition
  • A property has increased in value following alteration, but only if the property has been sold after the alteration was carried out

Notices will be sent to householders explaining any changes.

There is a right of appeal against Council Tax banding to the Valuation Appeal Panel.

Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?