Self-isolation Support Grant
Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant
The Scottish Government has announced a new Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant for individuals who are in receipt of low-income benefits and who will lose income as a result of being required to self-isolate to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
If you have been asked by NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020, either because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant.
Applications can be made each time you or anyone within your household have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Protect Service.
People in the same household can each make an individual application to receive the payment, if they each meet the eligible criteria.
This scheme will end on 31 March 2021.
Who is eligible?
People who are 16 or over, live in the Highland Council area and have received notification from NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate will be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant if they meet all the following requirements:
- Have been required by the Test and Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus, have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting a test result and you have granted permission for the Test and Protect Service to share this data with the Local Authority;
- are employed or self-employed;
- are unable to work from home and will experience reduced earnings as a result; and
- are currently receiving or has been awarded but not yet received a payment of:
- Universal Credit;
- Working Tax Credit;
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance;
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance;
- Income Support;
- Housing Benefit; and/or
- Pension Credit.
To apply, you must provide:
- a bank statement;
- proof of employment or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact; and
- a statement declaring that you will experience reduced income during your period of self-isolation.
How to apply
Contact our Scottish Welfare Fund Team on 0800 083 1887 or the Welfare Support Team on 0800 090 1004
What happens next?
You will receive a letter confirming our decision.
If you qualify for a grant, £500 will be paid into your bank account.
If you do not meet all the above criteria but are on a low income and self-isolation will cause you hardship you can apply for a Crisis Grant.