Music tuition

Music tuition fees

We ask you to make a contribution to the cost for music tuition of £26.50 a month paid by direct debit instalments. Failure to maintain payment will result in service withdrawal.

You may be exempt from charges if you receive any of the following benefits:

  • Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,420 (as assessed by the Inland Revenue)

If you are 16 to 18 years old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself.

From S4 to S6, exemption will be awarded when a pupil uses an instrument taught by a Highland Council instructor for an SQA National Award.

There may be other special circumstances which arise and if you feel your child should be exempt, contact should be made in the first instance with Highland Instrumental Unit.

Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?