Free school meals and assistance with clothing
During the current COVID-19 emergency, to receive free school meals (voucher) and assistance with school clothing your household must be in receipt of any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610).
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,900 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
If you think your household is eligible and has not already received your free school meal vouchers or school clothing grant please use the online application available above. Alternatively, the council's Welfare Support Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and assistance in making an application.
Upload evidence or other documents online
If you need to submit documents as evidence, you can use our online form to upload photos or scans of your evidence.