Due to increasing budget pressures the Highland Council regrets that a 2% administration charge on all credit card payments is applicable.
The 24 hour secure internet payments service has been upgraded to include additional security features. Please read the Terms and Conditions / Security Information and follow the on-screen instructions. We accept online payments for any of the following:
- Council Tax from April 2003
- Non Domestic Rates
- Inverness Off street parking fine
- Lochaber Off street parking fine
- General invoices
- Harbour invoices
- Council Tax before April 2003
- All other payments - which includes
- Education - School Meals: Available for schools with Cashless Catering system only. For any queries please phone 01463 663340. For further information please read top up school meals funds.
- Education - Concessionary Transport
- Planning and Building Services - pay for most services such as planning and building warrants, CAG requests, letters of comfort, section 50 consents, application advice and copies of applications.
- Street Care and Cleaning - Fixed Penalty Payment: payment of Fixed Penalties relating to Dog Fouling, Fly Tipping and Litter
- Environmental Health: Payment of Smoking Fixed Penalties
- BID - Business Improvement District for Inverness City Centre
When you select the bill type you wish to pay you will be asked to enter the payment reference of the bill, your name, address and your credit or debit card details.
When completing the credit or debit card details section you will be asked to enter the following security information.
- The 3 digit security number from the back of your card
Once the payment has been confirmed online, you will be given a confirmation reference number and also sent an email if you have provided an email address. Please keep a note of the confirmation reference number and quote it in any queries about your payment. If payment is declined please contact your bank to find out the reason why – Please note, do not delay payment until your debit or credit card card issues are resolved as non payment may prompt recovery action and/or an additional penalty. Other methods of payment are detailed on your bill. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Switch, Maestro (domestic), Electron, JCB and Solo Cards.
All payments completed before 4.30 pm will be credited to your Highland Council Account overnight. Payments completed after the 4.30 pm dead line will credit your Highland Council Account after 4.30 pm the next day. For any queries regarding these payments please write to the Income & Recovery Team , Exchequer Section, PO Box 5650, Inverness, IV3 5YX, or telephone 01349 886605 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your query.
Do NOT send personal data to the above email address.
Your transaction is taking place within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major Internet browsers. All of your personal and card details are protected using 128 bit encryption, when transmitted over the Internet. Your card details are stored on a server behind a secure firewall. Only authorised personnel may access this information.
Pay Council Tax by Direct Debit
Why incur a 2% charge when you could join our 75,902 customers who already pay their Council Tax by Direct Debit for free?
You may pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly in 10 or 12 instalments on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month, quarterly or in a lump sum payment. If you pay in 10 instalments you can choose between one of 3 payment breaks to best suit your circumstances.
Paying by Direct Debit will ensure no payment is missed or penalties incurred.