Pay your council rent
When you become a tenant, we tell you how much rent you have to pay in the letter offering you the tenancy.
We start a rent account for you and give you a swipe card. Each week we charge your rent to this account and every time you make a payment we show this on your account.
There is a 2 per cent charge if you pay by credit card.
Other ways to pay
- At any cash office or Service Point using your plastic swipe card, debit or credit card. We do not accept cheques.
- At any outlet (including Post Offices) displaying the Paypoint sign using your plastic swipe card, cash, cheque, debit or credit card. Some retailers may not accept cheques. At some outlets, the maximum which can be accepted in any one transaction is £199. If you wish to pay more than this, the amount can be put through in 2 or more separate payments
- By deduction from salaries or wages (Council employees only)
- By phoning 01349 886605 and using a debit or credit card on our automated payment line 24 hours a day. Payments by credit card will incur a 2 per cent charge
- You can also set up regular payments by Bank Credit Transfer, Tele-banking or Standing Order using your payment reference number and Sort Code 82 70 13 and Bank Account number 10000652