Pay your council rent
Universal Credit Rent Advice
If you are unemployed, on a low income, have less than £16,000 in savings, and under pension age (or your partner is), you may be able to claim Universal Credit to help pay your rent. This help is called Universal Credit housing costs.
You can find out more information about Universal Credit by
- visiting Understanding Universal Credit.
- Speaking to your Housing Officer on 01349 886602
- Viewing our Universal Credit Leaflet
- Contacting the Council’s Welfare Support Team on 0800 090 1004 or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Register to access online services, you can:
- view rent account balance
- pay your rent
- see payments you have made
- see Housing Benefits
- see Universal Credit Housing payments
- and access a paper direct debit to print