Pay your council rent

Universal Credit Rent Advice

If you are unemployed, on a low income, have less than £16,000 in savings, and under pension age (or your partner is), you may be able to claim Universal Credit to help pay your rent. This help is called Universal Credit housing costs.

Apply or log into your account for Universal Credit

You can find out more information about Universal Credit by

Housing Online

Register to access online services, you can:

  • view rent account balance
  • pay your rent
  • see payments you have made
  • see Housing Benefits
  • see Universal Credit Housing payments
  • and access a paper direct debit to print 

Sign up today