Property for rent - Vacant Sites at Wick Industrial Estate
Property typeIndustrial site
Letting statusAvailable to let
Closing dateTo be confirmed
Please note these are sites (i.e. bare land) ready for development by the successful applicant.
There are no buildings or structures erected on these sites - this will be the tenant's responsibility.
Please click here to request an application pack.
RentSite 5C - offers over £1,150 per annum
Site 44 - UNDER OFFER
Rent VATThe rent is exempt of VAT
SizeSite 5C - 0.117 hectares (0.29 acres) or thereby
Site 44 - UNDER OFFER
Lease terms and conditions
Each of these sites is offered for lease on 99 year development terms.
Highland Council is offering its standard development site lease which allows for the rent to be reviewed every five years.
You can view further information on lease terms and conditions and tenants’ rights and responsibilities in our Guide for Industrial & Commercial Tenants.
You will pay the first three months’ rent before taking entry to the property and thereafter you will pay monthly in advance by direct debit.
You will be responsible for meeting the legal costs of preparing the lease. You will also be liable for any LBTT, Registration Dues and VAT thereon.
Use classes and planning permission
Suitable uses would fall within Use Classes 4 (Business), 5 (General Industrial) and 6 (Storage & Distribution).
There is a general presumption against the following uses:
- Scrap yards.
- Waste transfer or waste processing facilities.
- Auto salvage facilities (unless such uses do not require any external storage).
- Concrete processing.
- Builders' merchants or similar with requirement for external storage of materials.
Your proposed use will require the Council’s consent both as landlord of the property and as Planning Authority.
If your application is successful and the Council, acting as landlord, offers you a lease of the property, this does not negate your responsibility to obtain any permissions or warrants that may also be required from the Council acting separately as Planning or Building Control Authority.
If you are uncertain of any planning matter, we advise that you contact the local Planning & Building Standards office to discuss your proposed use and to seek advice on any planning permissions or consents that may be required.
Phone: (01349) 886608 or use the online contact form.
You will be responsible for paying the Non Domestic Rates, which are calculated by multiplying the Rateable Value by the Annual Business Rate.
Further details regarding the Business Rate, including any discount available via the Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) can be obtained from Non Domestic Rates, Highland Council:
Telephone: (01463) 702984 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries regarding the Rateable Value should be pursued with the Assessor to the Highlands & Islands Joint Board.
Telephone: (01463) 703311 Email: email@example.com
Rateable value and annual business rate
As they have not been developed, there is no rateable value for either site. The Assessor will set a rateable value once a tenant has taken entry. If you have any questions, please contact the Assessor's Office direct.
All enquiries to Property Letting on telephone 01463 785128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking business or property advice:
- Business Gateway - Choose the Right Premises for Your Business (external link)
- Business Gateway - Renting Business Premises (external link)
- Business Gateway - Highland (external link)
- Scottish Government - Business Information & Advice (external link)
- Scottish Government - Funding & Grants (external link)
If you need to contact another Council office for advice or information:
- Highland Council - contact details for North Area Planning Offices
- Highland Council - contact details for South Area Planning Offices
- Highland Council - Property for Sale
- Highland Council - Council Housing
If you need information on Non Domestic Rates or this property's Rateable Value:
- Highland Council - Non Domestic Rates
- Business Rates Guidance & Calculator (external link)
- Scottish Assessors' Association (external link)
If you cannot find a suitable industrial or commercial property on the Council's website: