Apply for a licence - Cinema
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance
If you want to show films to the public, you will need a cinema licence. This includes any exhibition of moving pictures and includes recorded films and screening of performances.
A cinema licence is not needed for:
- Showing films in a private house, to which the public are not admitted, provided the exhibition is not for private gain
- Non commercial film exhibitions to which the public are not admitted or are admitted without payment or exhibitions by exempted societies or organisations
- Occasional and exceptional exhibitions - where premises are used on no more than six days in the calendar year
- Mobile cinemas (other than for where the owner of the mobile unit resides)
- Video games
- Screening of television programmes at the time they are received
If your application is refused you can request for us to give you a statement of reasons. You have a right of appeal to the Sheriff Court.
- Phone: 01349 886609
- Online enquiry form