Apply for a licence - Second hand vehicle dealers licence
Applications for Licence
Please ensure that you read the Privacy Notice here before applying for a licence
You will need:
- Credit or debit card
- Guidance notes
- Details of current licence
You must complete a fire safety checklist and send it to us before we can process your license application.
When we receive the fire safety form, we know your premises are safe for your customers and staff, and that you have complied with the fire safety regulations.
Guidance on making an objection or representation in relation to an application submittedIf you wish to submit an objection or representation in relation to an application submitted under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 further information and guidance on how to do this is available here
A licence is required for the sale of second hand vehicles and motorcycles.
- Second hand vehicle dealer application
- Second hand vehicle dealer guidance notes
- Second hand vehicle dealer conditions of licence
- Notice of application
- Certificate of compliance
- Used vehicle pre-sale forms - approved styles and guidance
- Trade sale of vehicle form - approved style
- Sample layout of register - approved style
- Phone: 01349 886609
- Online enquiry form