Out of hours Social Work Team
We provide a limited social work service out of normal office hours to help with urgent social problems. This is staffed by our dedicated team of qualified and experienced social workers who will discuss your problem over the phone and then decide if any immediate action is needed.
The following services are available:
- Child welfare and protection
- Support to vulnerable adults and older people
- Support to people with disabilities
- Support to families in crisis
- Support to people with mental health problems
- Appropriate Adult service for vulnerable people
- Mental Health Officer Service
Please contact us for any of the following:
- For serious child protection and welfare concerns
- If urgent help is needed to prevent family breakdown
- If older people are at risk
- If people with learning disability, mental health problems or physical disabilities are in need of urgent assistance.
Assessment visits will be made if necessary, but the most urgent problems will be dealt with first.
We work with partner agencies and other council services and details of any referrals will also be shared with the local area social work offices.