Criminal Justice Services
This service aims to:
- Enhance community safety and public protection
- Reduce re-offending
- Support social inclusion
- Assessment and reports
- Community based sentences
- Continuing services to assist prisoners returning to the community
- Unpaid work carried out in your community or for individuals in need
- Programmes and support, promoting social inclusion and reducing re-offending
- Managing high risk offenders
Our services are delivered in line with the national outcomes and standards for social work services in the criminal justice system.
We also work in partnership with other local authorities, statutory services and voluntary organisations as a member of the Northern Community Justice Authority (NCJA). The role of the NCJA is to plan, co-ordinate, monitor and report on the delivery of offender services by local partners and their impact on reducing re-offending and making communities safer.