COVID-19 Newly self-employed hardship fund
How do I apply?
Please ensure you are eligible for this fund before completing this application.
Before you will be able to submit your application form, you will be required to attach a number of supporting documents.
Please ensure you have downloaded/scanned/photographed copies of the required evidence before completing the form.
Preparing your evidence
- Download any relevant files i.e. bank statements, utlilty bills to your computer, tablet or mobile.
- You can also use your mobile or camera to photograph your evidence.
- We need good quality and clearly readable evidence.
- Accepted file types are - pdf, jpeg/jpg, gif, png.
- Please save the evidence to your device, ensuring that each is saved into separate files, do not merge into one file.
- There is a file size limit of 4MB.
You are asked to provide five evidence documents in total:
- Proof of identity, ideally photographic (for example a valid passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address (for example a recent council tax bill or utility bill)
- Three forms of evidence demonstrating proof of active trading up to March 2020.
Bank statements (business or personal) showing income and outgoings from self-employment during the months of January, February and March 2020. Please ensure bank statements are clearly legible and include account name, sort code and account number details.
You also are required to provide any two of the following:
- A supplier or reseller trade account (active)
- Valid business insurance
- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (if registered). If not registered, copy of correspondence/other details showing registration is being sought/or provide further details to explain position
- VAT Registration Number
- Marketing materials for your business, e.g. business website, active social media – provide web links
- Other evidence of business activity to support your claim
Applications for this scheme have now closed as of 5pm on Friday 10 July 2020.