Freedom of information
Freedom of Information
You can make a Freedom of Information request using our online form. Do not use this form to follow up an existing request, or request personal data.
- Alternatively, you can submit your request in writing to – Customer Resolution and Improvement Team, Highland Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX.
Make your request as clear as possible. Focus on the information you really want to see - if your request is too broad, it may be refused because of the cost of responding to it.
Requests relating to other bodies
- Requests about adult social care should be sent to NHS Highland
- Requests about leisure services should be sent to High Life Highland
What happens next
- We will acknowledge your request within 48 hours.
- We have 20 working days to respond to your request for information.
- If we are not sure what information you are looking for, we will contact you as soon as possible to clarify this.
- We will always make as much information available as possible. However, there are certain circumstances where we may be unable to provide you with the information you requested. If we propose to withhold information, we will tell you why.
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, or the way in which your request has been handled, you have the right to ask us to review our decision about any information which is being withheld from you. If you are still dissatisfied, you can appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner.