Armed Forces

Other Housing Options

Other housing options exist for members of the Armed Forces and Veterans community. Many schemes such as the LIFT New Supply, Open Market Shared Equity Scheme and Mid-Market Rent include veterans as a priority group.

Advice for Housing Options

Affording one month in advance and a deposit is often a barrier to obtaining a private rent. Veteran organisations can provide grants or Rent Deposit Scheme to help veterans afford these initial payments. 

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association (SSAFA) can be contacted to begin this process. This financial support can also be given if you are at risk of homelessness or are currently homeless.

Veterans and current members of the Armed Forces can apply for social housing in Highland. Serving personnel can submit an application before their date of discharge.

Apply for a house