Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Thursday, 25 October 2018
Minutes: Read the Minutes (Items 19-21)
19. Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant Update
Cùmhnant Coimhearsnachd Feachdan Armaichte na Gàidhealtachd – Cunntas Bliadhnail
There had been circulated Report No HC/46/18 dated 12 October 2018 by the Acting Head of Policy.
During discussion, Members raised the following issues:-
- appreciation was expressed to staff for their support in taking the Armed Forces Covenant, particularly to Dot Ferguson and Jo Lenihan, a Development officer employed, at present, between Highland and Moray for a two year period;
- the Highland Armed Forces and Veterans’ Community Covenant Partnership was working well together and specific reference was made to the Military Liaison Group which had been established to support military issues in relation to schools and discharged persons;
- the Erskine charity was to have a presence in Inverness shortly in the form of Art for Erskine exhibition and this would highlight the work of the Partnership;
- the Council was already carrying out many of the requirements for the Gold Award in Defence Employer Recognition Scheme; and
- it was particularly poignant that the Council was choosing to reconfirm its commitment by signing the Armed Forces Covenant in a year of especial meaning to the Armed Forces.
i. NOTED the considerable progress made with partners over the past 18 months across a range of activities which support the Armed Forces Community Covenant;
ii. AGREED to The Highland Council reconfirming its own commitment by signing the Armed Forces Covenant; and
iii. AGREED to apply to the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for a Gold Award.
20. Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers
Raòn Ùghdarrais agus Rianachd gu Comataidhean Ro-innleachdail agus
Fo-chomataidhean agus gu Oifigearan
There had been circulated Report No. HC/47/18 dated 15 October 2018 by the Head of Corporate Governance.
The Council AGREED the proposed changes to the Scheme of Delegation as detailed in the report.
21. Deeds Executed
Sgrìobhainnean Lagha a Bhuilicheadh
Members NOTED that a list of deeds and other documents executed on behalf of the Council since the meeting held on 6 September 2018 was available in the Members’ Library and on the Council’s Website.
The meeting ended at 5.35 pm.
- Volume of Minutes Report, 1.03 MB
- Item 6 Highland and Western Isles Valuation Joint Board Minutes - 21 June 2018 Report, 115.47 KB
- Item 7 Community Planning Board Minutes - 21 June 2018 Report, 145.07 KB
- Item 8 Recruitment Panel Minutes - 14 September 2018 Report, 78.64 KB
- Item 9 Health and Social Care Working Group Minutes - 19 September 2018 Report, 123.86 KB
- Item 11i Question Time - Mr A Jarvie Report, 84.21 KB
- Item 11ii Question Time - Mr J Bruce Report, 86.11 KB
- Item 11iii Question Time - Mrs M Cockburn Report, 84.59 KB
- Item 11iv Question Time - Ms M Smith Report, 82.18 KB
- Item 11v Question Time - Dr I Cockburn Report, 84.75 KB
- Item 13a Redesign of Highland Council - Progress Report Report, 197.66 KB
- Item 13a Redesign of Highland Council - Redesign Board Minutes 25 September 2018 Report, 87.91 KB
- Item 13b Redesign of Highland Council - Council Redesign – Final Report on Commissioned Children’s Services Report, 231.17 KB
- Item 14 Results from the Citizens’ Panel 2017/18 Performance and Attitudes Survey Report, 306.89 KB
- Item 15 Towards a Sustainable Financial Future – Revenue Budget Update 2018 - 2022 Report, 46.11 KB
- Item 16 Review of Public Conveniences in the Highlands Report, 215.06 KB
- Item 17 Rural Tourism Infrastructure Fund Report, 113.8 KB
- Item 18 Commission on Highland Democracy Report, 141.75 KB
- Item 19 Highland Armed Forces Community Covenant Update Report, 479.51 KB
- Item 20 Scheme of Delegation and Administration to Strategic Committees and Sub Committees and to Officers Report, 163.54 KB
- Item 21 Deeds Executed Report, 72.11 KB