Agendas, reports and minutes
Date: Wednesday, 13 March 2019
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the Nairnshire Committee will take place in the Chamber, The Courthouse, High Street, Nairn on Wednesday, 13 March 2019 at 10.30am.
You are invited to attend the meeting and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Head of Corporate Governance
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from Officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Nairn Courthouse Update
Cunntas às Ùr mu Thaigh-cùirte Inbhir Narann
An overview and update will be provided to the Committee on the major works now underway at the Nairn Courthouse by Stuart Duncan, Property Manager and Laura Burns, Project Manager.
4. Police Scotland – Area Performance Summary
Poileas Alba – Geàrr-chunntas Dèanadais Sgìreil
There is circulated Report No N/01/19 dated 22 February 2019 by the South Highland Area Commander which provides a local summary update on progress with reference to the local priorities within the Highland 2014-2017 Policing Plan.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and discuss the progress report against the objectives set within the Highland and Islands Local Policing Plan 2017-20 Year 2, attached as Annex A to the report, for the period covering 1 April 2018 - 31 January 2019.
5. Inverness and Nairn Local Access Forum Appointments
Cur an Dreuchd gu Fòram Inntrigidh Ionadail Inbhir Nis agus Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/02/19 dated 7 February 2019 by the Director of Development and Infrastructure.
The Committee is invited to consider the applications submitted to fill the Access Taker vacancy on the Local Access Forum and approve the appointment of the preferred candidate and to approve a solution to selecting a preferred candidate should the Committee not endorse the same candidate as the City of Inverness Area Committee.
6. Nairn Common Good Fund – Budget Setting for 2019/20 and Quarter 3 2018/19 Monitoring Report
Maoin Maitheas Coitcheann Inbhir Narann – Suidheachadh Buidseit airson 2019/20 agus Aithisg Sgrùdaidh Cairteil 3 2018/19
There is circulated joint report No N/03/19 dated 1 March 2019 by the Director of Corporate Resources and the Inverness City Manager.
The Committee is invited to:-
i. agree the Nairn Common Good Fund budget for 2019/20 detailed within the report; and
ii. scrutinise and note the position of the Nairn Common Good Fund as shown in the Quarter 3 Revenue Monitoring Statement against Budget.
7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April to 31 December 2018
Aithisg Coileanaidh Taigheadais – 1 Giblean gu 31 Dùbhlachd 2018
There is circulated Report No N/4/19 dated 28 February 2019 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to note the information provided on housing performance for the period 1 April to 31 December 2018.
8. Nairn Housing Demand
Iarrtas Taigheadais Inbhir Narann
There is circulated Report No N/5/19 dated 28 February 2019 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to note the information provided on housing demand in the Nairn area.
9. Nairn Roads Maintenance Programme 2019/20
Prògraman Càradh Rathaidean Inbhir Narann 2019/20
There is circulated Report No N/6/19 dated 27 February 2019 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to approve the 2019/20 Roads Maintenance Programme for the Nairn area.
10. Nairn Associated School Group (ASG) Education Report Session 2017/18
There is circulated Report No N/7/19 dated 1 March 2019 by the Area Care & Learning Manager.
The Committee is invited to scrutinise and note the content of the report.
11. Minutes of Previous Meeting
Geàrr-chunntas na Coinneimh Roimhe
There are circulated for noting Minutes of Meeting of the Nairnshire Committee held on 28 November 2018, which were approved by the Council on 13 December 2018.
Urgent Item of Business
12. Christmas Lighting and Decorations
There is circulated Report No. N/8/19 dated 19 February 2019 by the Director of Community Services.
The Committee is invited to:-
i. note that the Council has previously removed the £35,000 budget for the delivery of Christmas Lighting;
ii. agree to Liaise with local Community Councils and/or Community Groups where communities wish to deliver Christmas lighting and decorations; and
iii. note that Health & Safety and general guidance will be published for communities to enable the safe erection of Christmas Lighting and Decorations in the future.
- Item 4. Police Scotland – Area Performance Summary Report, 510.26 KB
- Item 5. Inverness and Nairn Local Access Forum Appointments Report, 397.83 KB
- Item 6. Nairn Common Good Fund – Budget Setting for 2019/20 and Quarter 3 2018/19 Monitoring Report Report, 314.96 KB
- Item 7. Housing Performance Report – 1 April to 31 December 2018 Report, 331.27 KB
- Item 8. Nairn Housing Demand Report, 186.37 KB
- Item 9. Nairn Roads Maintenance Programme 2019/20 Report, 349.11 KB
- Item 10. Nairn Associated School Group (ASG) Education Report Session 2017/18 Report, 772.63 KB
- Urgent Item of Business - Item 12. Christmas Lighting and Decorations Report, 280.77 KB