Agendas, reports and minutes
North Planning Applications Committee
Date: Tuesday, 9 June 2020
Agenda: Read the Agenda
A meeting of the North Planning Applications Committee will take place via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 10.30 am.
You are invited to attend and a note of the business to be considered is attached.
Webcast Notice: This meeting will be filmed and broadcast over the Internet on the Highland Council website and will be archived and available for viewing for 12 months thereafter.
Members are reminded that during determination of any item before this Committee they must be present throughout the whole of that item in order to be entitled to participate.
Members are further reminded that mobile devices, including mobile phones, can be used for following the agenda/reports and delivering speeches but should not be used for any form of communication (text or tweet) during the meeting.
Karen Lyons, Principal Solicitor – Planning
(for Head of Corporate Governance)
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to consider whether they have an interest to declare in relation to any item on the agenda for this meeting. Any Member making a declaration of interest should indicate whether it is a financial or non-financial interest and include some information on the nature of the interest. Advice may be sought from officers prior to the meeting taking place.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
Dearbhadh a’ Gheàrr-chunntais
There are submitted for confirmation as a correct record the Action Notes from:
- consultation meeting (via Microsoft Teams) with the Chair of North Planning Applications Committee under the revised Scheme of Delegation applicable during the Covid19 outbreak held on 21 April 2020; and
- meeting of the North Planning Applications Committee held on 3 March 2020.
4. Major Development Update
There is circulated Report No PLN/013/20 by the Acting Head of Development Management – Highland which, provides a summary of all cases within the “Major” development category currently with the Planning and Development Service for determination and identifies those proposed applications which have Proposal of Application Notice (PAN). The report also details progress on proposals submitted under S36 or S37 of the Electricity Act 1989 on which the Council is consulted.
The Committee is invited to note the current position of these applications.
5. Major Developments – Pre-application consultations
Leasachaidhean Mòra – Co-chomhairle Ro-iarrtais
5.1 Description: Skye reinforcement – erection of replacement high voltage (132 kV) transmission line between Ardmore, Skye and Fort Augustus (PLN/014/20)
Ward: North Planning Application Area (Wards 5 and 10)
Applicant: Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Plc – Skye Reinforcement
6. Planning Applications to be Determined
Iarrtasan Dealbhaidh rin Dearbhadh
There are circulated Reports Nos PLN/015/20 to PLN/023/20 by the Acting Head of Development Management – Highland which are as follows:-
6.1 Applicant: HPG (Inverness) Ltd (15/01202/FUL) (PLN/015/20)
Location: Former fish factory, High Street, Conon Bridge (Ward 8).
Nature of Development: Erection of 72 residential units comprising flats, terraced, semi-detached and detached houses (including 18 affordable), 3 commercial units comprising class 4 (business), retail unit and hot food outlet (amended from GP surgery to class 4 (business) and deletion of 2 community heating plants).
6.2 Applicant: The MacKay Robertson and Fraser Partnership (18/05159/PIP) (PLN/016/20)
Location: Lochan Corr, Black Isle Road, Muir of Ord (Ward 8).
Nature of Development: Masterplan for the erection of 104 houses.
6.3 Applicant: Energiekontor (19/01096/FUL) (PLN/017/20)
Location: Land 2400 m SE of Cracrail, Toroboll, Lairg (Ward 1).
Nature of Development: Lairg 2 Wind Farm – Construction of wind farm comprising 10 turbines (7 turbines to a maximum tip height of 180 m and 3 turbines to a maximum tip height of 150 m), associated crane pads, tracks, substation, battery storage compound, 2 borrow pits and upgrade of access track.
6.4 Applicant: Lochalsh Estates Ltd (19/01443/PIP) (PLN/018/20)
Location: Land adjacent to Auchtertyre Primary School, Auchtertyre, Balmacara. (Ward 5).
Nature of Development: Masterplan for residential development of 38 (amended from 44) houses with associated open space, school play area, Suds scheme and the formation of new access onto A87(T).
6.5 Applicant: Torabhaig Distillery Ltd (19/02569/FUL) (PLN/019/20)
Location: Torabhaig Distillery, Teangue, Isle of Skye, IV44 8RE (Ward 10).
Nature of Development: Proposed Dunnage Warehouse.
6.6 Applicant: SMECH Properties Ltd (19/03181/FUL) (PLN/020/20)
Location: Land to North West of Corriehallie, Glebe Road, Inverinate, Kyle (Ward 5).
Nature of Development: Erection of lodge house, formation of access and installation of drainage system.
6.7 Applicant: Highland Housing Alliance (19/05404/FUL) (PLN/021/20)
Location: Land 110 m SW of 12 Thomas MacIver Street, Evanton (Ward 6).
Nature of Development: Erection of 140 houses.
6.8 Applicant: HRN Tractors Ltd (19/05441/FUL) (PLN/022/20)
Location: Land 40 m SW of The White House, Dingwall (Ward 8).
Nature of Development: Erection of building for agricultural repairs, servicing and sales with associated access, parking, external display area and landscaping (renewal of planning permission 15/04651/FUL and 16/00043/RBREF)
6.9 Applicant: Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Plc (20/01014/S37) (PLN/023/20)
Location: Land 1250 m North of Crask Inn, Lairg (Ward 1).
Nature of Development: Installation and operation of 132 kV overhead electric line to connect Creag Riabhach Wind Farm to the grid.
Recommendation: Raise no Objection.
7. Decision of Appeals to the Scottish Government Planning and Environmental Appeals Division
Co-dhùnadh mu Iarrtas do Bhuidheann-stiùiridh Riaghaltas na h-Alba airson Lùth agus Atharrachadh Aimsir
7.1 Applicant: Mr R MacDonald (13/02314/FUL) (PPA-270-2220)
Location: Land to North of Sun Dorne, Jamestown, Strathpeffer, IV 14 9EP (Ward 6)
Nature of Development: Formation of 4 serviced house plots.
The Committee is invited to note the decision of the Reporter to dismiss the appeal and to refuse to vary the terms of the planning permission for the reasons stated in the decision letter and has declined the appellant’s claim for an award of expenses to be made against the Council.
- Item 4 - Major Development Update (PLN/013/20) Report, 73.95 KB
- Item 5.1 Applicant: Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Plc - Skye Reinforcement (PLN/014/20) Report, 4.34 MB
- Item 6.1 - Applicant: HPG (Inverness) Ltd (15/01202/FUL) (PLN/015/20) Report, 13.96 MB
- Item 6.2 - Applicant: The Mackay Robertson and Fraser Partnership (18/05159/PIP) (PLN/016/20) Report, 965.41 KB
- Item 6.3 - Applicant: Energiekontor (19/01096/FUL) (PLN/017/20) Report, 1.65 MB
- Item 6.4 - Applicant: Lochalsh Estates Ltd (19/01443/PIP) (PLN/018/20) Report, 2.12 MB
- Item 6.5 - Applicant: Torabhaig Distillery Ltd (19/02569/FUL) (PLN/019/20) Report, 2.54 MB
- Item 6.6 - Applicant: SMECH Properties Ltd (19/03181/FUL) (PLN/020/20) Report, 4.82 MB
- Item 6.7 - Applicant: Highland Housing Alliance (19/05404/FUL) (PLN/021/20) Report, 20.37 MB
- Item 6.8 - Applicant: HRN Tractors Ltd (19/5441/FUL) (PLN/022/20) Report, 13.52 MB
- Item 6.9 - Applicant: Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Plc (20/01014/S37) (PLN/023/20) Report, 6.06 MB
- Item 7.1 - Applicant: Mr R MacDonald (13/02314/FUL) (PPA-270-2220) Report, 151.88 KB