Remember, remember to Licence for 5th November

The Highland Council is urging all organisers of community fireworks events that they will need to get their public entertainment licence application submitted soon to the Council if they wish to have a licence in place for Bonfire Night.

With only 5 months to 5th November, organisers of community fireworks events are urged to make early applications for public entertainment licences to ensure that they can be processed and granted in time for their events.

Even where fireworks events are free and there is no charge for the public to attend - a public entertainment licence is still required.

These new rules, which were agreed by the Highland Licensing Committee, came into effect from 1 January 2017.

For further information, including details on how to make an application, please visit or contact any Highland Council Licensing or Environmental Health Office.


5 Jun 2017
Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?