Appointments to Adult Services Development and Scrutiny Sub-Committee and other bodies.
The Highland Council’s People Committee has today (21 June) agreed membership of the Council’s new Adult Services Development and Scrutiny Sub-Committee.
The Adult Services Development and Scrutiny Sub-Committee will ensure specific consideration is given to the delivery of adult social care services, as part of an integrated approach to all community care services, and will oversee on behalf of the People Committee, the commissioning of social care services for adults from NHS Highland. The Sub-Committee will meet six times a year.
Membership of the Sub-Committee comprises the Chair and Vice Chair of the People Committee Cllrs Alasdair Christie and Kate Stephen respectively and 9 other Council Members including:
- Cllr Tom Heggie
- Cllr Ronald MacDonald
- Cllr Graham Ross
- Cllr Nicola Sinclair
- Cllr Bill Boyd
- Cllr Muriel Cockburn
- Cllr Ron MacWilliam
- Cllr Isabelle MacKenzie
- Cllr Callum Smith
Also appointed were 7 Members to the Local Negotiating Committee for Teachers (LNCT). The remit of the LNCT is to carry out negotiations between the Management and Joint Union Sides on all matters relating to conditions of service as defined in the Local Recognition and Procedure Agreement signed by the Council and the Joint Union Side on 26 November 2002.
The LNCT Committee members appointed were the Chair and Vice Chair of the People Committee Cllrs Alasdair Christie and Cllr John Finlayson respectively and 5 other Members including:
- Cllr Alister MacKinnon (Chair of Corporate Resources Committee)
- Cllr Andrew Baxter (Vice Chair of Corporate Resources Committee)
- Cllr Kirsteen Currie
- Cllr Graham MacKenzie
- Cllr Ron MacWilliam
Members’ appointments to other bodies included:
- Blas Board – Cllr Margaret Paterson, Cllr Duncan MacPherson, Cllr Kirsteen Currie
- Board of Governors for Catherine McCaig’s Trust – Cllr Margaret Paterson
- Board of Partnerships for Wellbeing – Cllr Bet McAllister
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme – Highland Award Project – Cllr Isabelle MacKenzie, Cllr Andrew Jarvie
- Highland Alcohol and Drugs Partnership – Cllr Isabelle (Biz) Campbell
- Highland Children’s Trust – Cllr Margaret Paterson
- Highland Community Justice Partnership – Cllr Tom Heggie
- Highland Culture Strategic Board – Cllr Graham MacKenzie
- Highland Football Academy Trust – Cllr Graham Ross, Cllr Graham MacKenzie
- Highland Disability Sport – Cllr Graham Ross, Cllr Andrew Jarvie, Cllr Emma Knox
- Raddery Trust – Cllr Callum Smith