School Transport Update
Highland Council is reassuring all pupils, parents and carers this morning (23 August) that all school transport routes have been covered in Caithness and East Ross following the loss of the contractor Andrew's (Shetland) Ltd. who ceased trading last night (22 August).
Bill Alexander, Highland Council's Director of Care and Learning said: "This is wonderful work by our Transport colleagues and partners who swiftly managed to get replacement services up and running for this morning."
The Council warns however, that there may still be some gaps on public service routes.
In addition to the following routes being provided by Stagecoach:
• Lairg/Ardgay - Dornoch
• Delny, Newmore to Invergordon Academy, then Newmore Primary
• Tain Royal Academy Scotsburn, Lamington, Logiehill, Heathmount
• Golspie High Lairg, Rogart
• Thurso High School Bower, Bowermadden, Castletown, Murkle Bus
• Wick High School Gills, Huna, Canisbay (A836) to John o'Groats, Freswick, Keiss to Wick High.
Stagecoach is also covering the Achnairn – Lairg feeder route for Golspie High.
W D Mackay (Dornoch) will cover the following routes:
• Braelangwell, Culeave to Ardgay to meet Tain Royal Academy bus
• Migdale to meet Tain and Dornoch buses at Bonar Bridge, then Migdale to Bonar Bridge Primary, then Culrain, Syall to Gledfield Primary
• Achnairn to Lairg Primary
More information on replacement school bus timetables is on the council's website at: https://www.highland.gov.uk/downloads/file/18280/andrews_coaches_replacement_timetable
Highland Council again apologises for any inconvenience caused and gives assurance that we are doing everthing we can to resolve this situation as swiftly as possible.