​​​​​​​Council urges ‘remember, remember to Licence for 5th November’

‘Don’t leave it too late to apply for a licence’ Highland Council’s warns all organisers of community fireworks events.

Public entertainment licence applications must be submitted soon to Highland Council if organisers wish to have a licence in place for Bonfire Night.

With only 2 months to 5th November, Highland Council is already receiving applications for community fireworks events and urges more organisers to apply for public entertainment licences to ensure that they can be processed and granted in time for their events.

Even where fireworks events are free and there is no charge for the public to attend - a public entertainment licence is still required.

These new rules, which were agreed by the Highland Licensing Committee, came into effect from 1 January 2017.

For further information, including details on how to make an application, please visit www.highland.gov.uk/publicentertainment or contact any Highland Council Licensing or Environmental Health Office.

6 Sep 2017
Tell us something about this topic How is this webpage?