City of Inverness area roads maintenance programme approved
Members of the Highland City of Inverness Area Committee have approved the Council’s 2018/19 roads maintenance programme for the area.
Included in the approved road maintenance schedule are for example:
- 40 surface dressing works across the area costing £390,088.00;
- 5 resurfacing works (which are budget dependent) costing £346,400.00 at:
- A833 Culnakirk (2 sections on brae);
- U4142 Montague Row (Glen Urquhart Road to Fairfield Road);
- U3826 Caledonian Road (East End);
- U4136 Midmills Road (Crown Circus to Crown Drive junction); and
- B0865 Harbour Rd / Seafield Road (various).
- 11 structural integrity improvement works costing £287,200.00;
- bridge repairs at Abersky Road - cattlegrid replacement; Newton Burn Bridge; Faillie Bridge; Auchteraw; and Carnoch (between Cannich - Struy) costing £80,000;
The City of Inverness Area roads maintenance programme has been approved by local councillors pending confirmation of the Council’s Community Services Committee budget allocations for the area. The indicative programme is based on current engineering and safety priories and may alter if significant events impact priorities and resources.
Provost of Inverness and Area, Cllr Helen Carmichael said: “I am pleased that members have approved the roads maintenance programme for Inverness Area - the primary objective of which is to ensure that there will be no reduction in the surface dressing activities in the area.”
During the debate Councillors unanimously supported a motion put forward by Cllr Ron MacWilliam and seconded by the Provost that the City of Inverness Area Committee calls on The Highland Council to review the allocation formula to better reflect the infrastructure, design, usage and actual maintenance costs of roads.
Members have also requested to receive a briefing on how they can better use the Community Services budget delegated to their Committee to control.