Temporary road closure at Allanfearn level crossing, part of the U1347 Allanfearn – Alturlie Road.
THE HIGHLAND COUNCIL (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC PROHIBITION ON THE U1347 ALLANFEARN – ALTURLIE ROAD, INVERNESS-SHIRE) NOTICE 2018
The Highland Council in exercise of the powers conferred on them by Section 14 (2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and related legislation, as amended, hereby make this Notice.
Citation, commencement and cessation
1. This Notice may be cited as ‘The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition On The U1347 Allanfearn – Alturlie Road, Inverness-shire) Notice 2018’ and shall apply between 22:00 hours on Saturday 26 and 08:00 hours on Sunday 27 May 2018.
2. The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Notice as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
Expressions and meanings
3. The following expressions will have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them:
‘Vehicle’ means a cycle, motor cycle or motor vehicle constructed solely for the carriage of passengers and their effects:
‘Contractor’ means the person or persons employed to carry out the Works:
‘Works’ means the essential maintenance works to be carried out at Allanfearn Level Crossing by the Contractor.
Relationship to existing Orders
4. All provisions contained in any Order Enactment or others in so far as the same repeat or are inconsistent with the provisions of this Notice and the true intent or meaning hereof shall cease to have effect, during the period stated hereto.
5. The reason for making this Notice is to enable a temporary traffic prohibition to be put in place; which is required during the Works to be carried out within the length of road specified in this Notice.
6. Consideration has been given to the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for the traffic which will be affected by this Notice.
Temporary prohibition on use of a road
7. No person shall drive, or cause or permit any Vehicle to be driven on the length of road, or a part or parts of the length of road, specified in Schedule 1 to this Notice when a prohibition is identified as applying to the whole, or a part or parts of the length of road, by means of one or more of the traffic sign prescribed in diagram 7105 of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016(b).
8. Nothing in Article 7 applies to:
(a) Vehicles employed to carry out the Works, including those employed to carry out associated traffic management;
(b) Emergency services’ vehicles being used in an emergency for Ambulance, Coastguard, Fire Brigade or Police purposes.
94 Diriebught Road,
This is the Schedule 1 referred to in the foregoing The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition On The U1347 Allanfearn – Alturlie Road, Inverness-shire) Notice 2018
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
U1347 Allanfearn – Alturlie Road, Inverness-shire, from its junction with the A96 Aberdeen – Inverness Trunk Road to its junction with the road leading to ‘Allanfearn Waste Water Treatment Plant’.
Access for emergency services’ vehicles will be maintained at all times during the closure.