Temporary road closures Glenlia and Inverfarigaig
Motorists are advised that there will be a temporary traffic restriction order to enable the temporary closure of the C1084 Inverfarigaig – Glenlia Road and the C1080 Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road, subject to appropriate traffic management being in place.
The closures are required during extensive timber harvesting operations and will take place from from 6.00 hours on Monday 11 June 2018 to 18:00 hours on Friday 6 December 2019.
Full details of the temporary traffic restriction order are as follows:
The Highland Council
The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition on the C1084
Inverfarigaig – Glenlia Road (Part), Inverness-Shire and the C1080
Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road (Part), Inverness-Shire) Order 2018
The Highland Council in exercise of the powers conferred on them by Section 14 (1) and 14 (4)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and of all other enabling powers, and being satisfied that the traffic on the roads specified in the Schedule to this Order should be prohibited, hereby make this Order.
Citation, commencement and cessation
1. This Order may be cited as ‘The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition On The C1084 Inverfarigaig – Glenlia Road (Part), Inverness-shire And The C1080 Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road (Part), Inverness-shire) Order 2018’ and shall be in operation from 6.00 hours on Monday 11 June 2018 to 18:00 hours on Friday 6 December 2019.
2. The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
Expressions and meanings
3. The following expressions will have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them:
• ‘Vehicle’ means a cycle, motor cycle or motor vehicle constructed solely for the carriage of passengers and their effects;
• ‘Goods Vehicle’ means a motor vehicle or trailer constructed or adapted for the carriage of goods or burden of any description;
• ‘Client’ means Forestry Commission Scotland;
• ‘Contractor’ means the person or persons employed to carry out the Works on behalf of the Client;
• ‘Works’ means the timber harvesting and haulage operations to be carried out by the Contractor.
• ‘SSE’ means Scottish and Southern Energy, a public limited company (plc) whose interests include the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity.
Relationship to other Orders
4. All provisions contained in any Order Enactment or others in so far as the same repeat or are inconsistent with the provisions of the Order and the true intent or meaning hereof shall cease to have effect, during the period stated hereto.
5. Firstly the reason for making the Order is to enable a temporary traffic prohibition to be put in place to enable timber harvesting operations to be safely carried out adjacent to the roads specified in this Order. Secondly the reason is to help protect the roads from damage while facilitating the safe passage of the Contractor’s Vehicles and Goods Vehicles during the haulage phase of the Works.
6. Consideration has been given to the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for the traffic which will be affected by this Order.
Temporary prohibition on use of a road
7. No person shall drive, or cause or permit any Vehicle or Goods Vehicle to be driven on the lengths of road, or a part or parts of the lengths of road, specified in Schedule 1 to this Order when a prohibition is identified as applying to the whole, or a part or parts of the lengths of road, by means of one or more of the traffic sign prescribed in diagram 7105 of part 6, Schedule 13 to the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 during the period stated in Article 1 of this Order.
8. No prohibition imposed by this order applies to:
(a) Vehicles and Goods Vehicles employed to carry out the Works, including those employed to carry out associated traffic management.
(b) Vehicles employed to carry out maintenance or inspection works on behalf of SSE, and only then at the discretion and by the instruction of the Client.
This is the Schedule 1 referred to in the foregoing The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition on the C1084 Inverfarigaig – Glenlia Road (Part), Inverness-shire and the C1080 Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road (Part), Inverness-shire) Order 2018
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
C1084 Inverfarigaig – Glenlia Road from its junction with the C1080 Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road to its junction with the U1217 Loch Garthside – Trinloist – Gleann Liath Road.
C1080 Inverfarigaig – Errogie Road from its junction with the B852 Dalcrag Bridge – Foyers – Inverfarigaig – Dores Road to its junction with the B862 Fort Augustus – Whitebridge – Torness – Dores – Inverness Road.