Interested in returning to teaching?
The Highland Council are running a free return to teaching course for any fully or provisionally registered teacher based anywhere in the Highland Council area who is considering a return to teaching.
If you have had a break from teaching, are a retired teacher or are new to the area and are keen to apply for a teaching post or join the supply register that allows you to set your availability around your lifestyle and family commitments, come along refresh your skills and gain confidence, meet a Head Teacher, Care and Learning Staff as well as new colleagues who are also returning to teaching in Highland.
This free bespoke course will be held in Inverness Royal Academy on Tuesday 6 November from 9am – 4pm. As well as providing continuous professional development tailored to learning in Highland Schools, you will be linked with a local school and provided with access to further CPD opportunities as well as support with Professional Update.
The aims of the course are:
- To familiarise staff with the Highland Learning and Teaching Policy, including Numeracy, Literacy, Child Protection and GIRFEC
- To share experiences of learning, teaching and assessment practices
- To raise awareness of the local authority context within the Scottish context and the GTCS standards for registration including professional update
- To revise learning intentions and success criteria within the planning process
- To familiarise staff with pay and conditions and Highland Council Workforce Planning team
Chair of the Care, Learning and Housing Committee, Cllr Andrew Baxter hopes anyone interested signs up for the free one day course. He said: “This is an ideal chance for anyone who has had a break from teaching, who may have moved to live in the area or perhaps retired to come along and find out what opportunities there are in Highland. We are offering a full programme of support to anyone who feels then can use their knowledge and skills to encourage and inspire young people in our school communities.”
For further information and to book your free place please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get directions to the venue