25 candidates stand for Cairngorms National Park Authority elections.
Issued on behalf of The Returning Officer, Donna Manson
There will be a contest in four of the five communities within the Cairngorms National Park area entitled to have a representative on the Board of the Park Authority.
The uncontested ward is Ward 4 - Moray with the main communities of Cockbridge, Glenlivet, Strathdon and Tomintoul. The successful candidate - who will be declared elected from 21 March 2019, is Eleanor Christina Mackintosh.
A total of 24 candidates will contest the other 4 wards. Ballot papers will be posted to all eligible electors in each of the 4 wards where there is a contest on Tuesday 26 February 2019, and must be returned by 4pm on Thursday 21 March 2019, if they are to be included in the counting of votes.
The counting of the votes will take place on Thursday 21 March 2019 commencing at 5pm at Aviemore Community Centre for Wards 1, 2 and 3; and the Victoria and Albert Halls, Station Square in Ballater for Ward 5.
The candidates are:
Ward 1 - Highland/Perth & Kinross, (main communities - Blair Atholl, Dalwhinnie, Kingussie, Laggan and Newtonmore).
- Deirdre Falconer, Greenwood, Drumguish, Kingussie, PH21 1NY
- Dave Fallows, Woodlea, Main Street, Newtonmore, PH20 1DA
- Ian Gibson, An Rath Liath, Speybridge, Newtonmore, PH20 1BD
- Neil I. M. MacKintosh, 5 Tilt Cottages, Blair Atholl, PH18 5SX
- George Milligan, Tullochard, West Terrace, Kingussie, PH21 1HB
- Stephen Shaw, Dunmhor House, 67 High Street, Kingussie, PH21 1HX
- Keith Taylor, Caladesi, Insh, Kingussie, PH21 1NU
Ward 2 – Highland (main communities - Aviemore, Boat of Garten, Coylumbridge and Feshiebridge).
- Caroline Holroyd, Crannog, Drumuillie Road, Boat of Garten, PH24 3BD
- Joe Kirby, 15 Drummond Road, Aviemore, PH22 1UG
- Willie McKenna, 3 Dellmhor, Rothiemurchus, Aviemore, PH22 1QW
- Bobby Mackenzie, Dalrachney Beag, Carrbridge, PH23 3AX
- Mick Morris, Mullingarroch Steading, Street of Kincardine, Boat of Garten, PH24 3BY
- Pete Wright, 3 Craigview, Deshar Road, Boat of Garten, PH24 3BN
Ward 3 – Highland (main communities - Carrbridge, Cromdale, Grantown and Nethybridge).
- John Bruce, Lodge of Finlarig, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3NU
- Les Durance, Cairngorm, Skye of Curr Road, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3PA
- Declan Gallacher, 19A High Street, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3EG
- Janet King, Ossian Cottage, Skye of Curr Road, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3PA
- John Kirk, Rothiemoon Farm, Nethy Bridge, PH25 3DD
- Karen Martin, Rossmor, Woodlands Terrace, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3JU
- Aurelie Walker-Dean, Clachbhan, Nethy Bridge, PH25 3DR
- Paul Webster, The Brae Cottage, Cromdale, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3PH
- Neil Wilson, Sliemore, Nethy Bridge, PH25 3ED
Ward 4 – Moray uncontested (main communities - Cockbridge, Glenlivet, Strathdon and Tomintoul).
- Eleanor Christina Mackintosh, Tombreckachie Farm, Glenlivet, Ballindalloch, AB37 9BX
Ward 5 - Aberdeenshire/Angus/Perth & Kinross (main communities - Ballater and Braemar).
- Eric Baird, Matane, Glentanar, Aboyne, AB34 5EU
- Geva Blackett, Balnellan, 4 Glenshee Road, Braemar, AB35 5YQ
Elections are held every four years to elect 5 community representatives to serve on the board of the Cairngorms National Park Authority. One community member will be elected for each of the 5 wards within the national park area.
For further information visit: www.highland.gov.uk/cnpa