Top Marks All Round for Kingussie Primary School
Kingussie Primary School has received a very positive HMIe report which highlights a range of key strengths at the 157b pupil school.
The report gave high praise in equal measure to pupils, staff and the headteacher, Mrs Patricia Lockhart who “provided very good leadership.” Partnerships with parents and the community were also seen as “very good.”
Mrs Lockhart welcomed the report. She said: “I am pleased that the report recognises the team effort and hard work of all staff, the polite well behaved pupils, highly motivated nursery children and the janitor’s contribution to enhancing the environment for learning. The school is well placed to improve provision further.”
The inspectors identified particular key strengths including:
• Highly motivated nursery children and polite well behaved pupils who were eager to learn
• Assistance provided for pupils with additional support needs
• Staff’s innovative approach to involving pupils in assessing their own and their peers’ progress in learning
• Staff teamwork and their approach to improving the quality of pupils’ learning experiences
• A very positive climate for learning.
The school and the local authority will now prepare an action plan to improve provision even further.