Inverness school roll capping 2021-22
The Highland Council is ‘capping’ or limiting school rolls in some primary and secondary schools in Inverness for the 2021-22 academic session.
The capping takes account of applications that have been received so far, and the known demands within the catchment areas of each of these schools.
The primary school affected is Lochardil Primary and the secondary school affected is Culloden Academy.
The Authority will do its best to accommodate all pupils in their preferred choice of school, subject to the following criteria:
- Pupils living within the Highland area.
- Pupils living within the geographical catchment of the school concerned.
- Certified medical reasons or additional support needs which could best be served in that school.
- Siblings of pupils currently in attendance at the school.
- Religious belief (denominational schools only).
- Educational courses not available at local school.
- Pupils living within the catchment area of a Secondary School which is not the subject of the placing request where the S1 intake is capped (S1 requests only).
- Proximity of home to school.
- Road safety/ease of travel.