Temporary closure on U1229 Blacktown - Nairnside Bridge - Castletown Road, Inverness-shire
THE HIGHLAND COUNCIL (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC PROHIBITION ON THE U1229 BLACKTOWN – NAIRNSIDE BRIDGE - CASTLETOWN ROAD (PART), INVERNESS-SHIRE) NOTICE 2021
The Highland Council in exercise of the powers conferred on them by Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and of all other powers enabling them on that behalf being satisfied that traffic on the length of road referred to in this Notice should be restricted or prohibited because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near that length of road hereby make this Notice.
Citation, commencement and cessation
- This Notice may be cited as ‘The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition On The U1229 Blacktown – Nairnside Bridge – Castletown Road (Part), Inverness-shire) Notice 2021’ and shall be in force on Wednesday 20 October 2021 between the hours of 9:00 and 11:00.
- The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply for the interpretation of this Notice as it applies for the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
Relationship to existing Orders
- While this Notice is in operation, all provisions contained in any Order enactment or others in so far as the same repeat or are inconsistent with the provisions of this Notice and the true intent or meaning hereof shall cease to have effect.
- The reason for making this Notice is to enable a temporary traffic prohibition to be put in place on the length of road listed in the schedule hereto during bridge inspection works.
- Consideration has been given to the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for the traffic which will be affected by this Notice.
Temporary prohibition on use of a road
- While this Notice is in force, no person shall drive, or cause or permit any vehicle to be driven on any of the lengths of road specified in the Schedule to this Notice when a prohibition is identified as applying to the whole or a part or parts of the length of road by means of one or more of the traffic signs of a type generally provided for under Section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
- No prohibition imposed by this Notice applies to:
(a) Emergency Services’ vehicles, being used in an emergency for Ambulance, Coastguard, Fire Brigade or Police purposes.
(b) Vehicles employed to carry out the works in respect of which this Notice is made, including those employed to carry out associated traffic management.
This is the Schedule referred to in the foregoing The Highland Council (Temporary Traffic Prohibition On The U1229 Blacktown – Nairnside Bridge - Castletown Road (Part), Inverness-shire) Notice 2021
TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
That length of the U1229 Blacktown – Nairnside Bridge – Castletown Road, Inverness-shire, carried by Nairnside Bridge.