Communities encouraged to apply for Place Based Investment Programme support
Seven of the Council’s Area Committees are now inviting applications under the first round of the Place-Based Investment programme. Community groups and local organisations are being encouraged to apply and make sure they don’t miss the various January 2022 deadlines.
The Scottish Government has allocated £1,963,000 of ring-fenced Place Based Investment Programme funding for the current financial year.
The Programme seeks to support capital projects which deliver on place policy ambitions such as town centre revitalisation, community led regeneration, 20-minute neighbourhoods and Community Wealth Building, and are shaped by the needs and aspirations of local communities.
In September Members of the Council’s Economy and Infrastructure Committee agreed that an area-based approach would be adopted to manage the Scottish Government’s Place Based Investment Programme grant for 2021/22.
Chair of the Economy and Infrastructure Committee, Cllr Trish Robertson, said: “This area-based approach to spending the money across the geographic spread of the Highlands that we have adopted offers greater opportunity for local projects to be funded.
“I encourage anyone with a project that they think could benefit from funding support to get their application in as soon as possible as we expect demand to be high.”
Round 1 of funding is open for the following Area Committees
- Badenoch and Strathspey Area Committee. The deadline for applications is 2pm on 19 January 2022.
- Sutherland County Committee. The deadline for applications is 9am on 24 January 2022.
- The City of Inverness Area Committee. The deadline for applications is 2pm on the 21 January 2022.
- The Lochaber Area Committee. The deadline for applications is 2pm on the 21 January 2022.
- The Wester Ross, Strathpeffer Lochalsh Committee. The deadline for applications is 2pm on the 21 January 20
- The Black Isle Committee. The deadline for applications is 2pm on the 19 January 2022.
- The Nairnshire Committee. The deadline for applications is 9am on the 31 January 2022.
Full details, guidance notes and application forms can be found on the Council’s website – https://www.highland.gov.uk/regeneration