Highland Council winter road conditions report for Friday 13 January 2023
Maps of the Council’s gritting routes by priority and policy are available online at www.highland.gov.uk/gritting
The information provided is a summary of reports from operational staff and is intended to give a general indication of typical conditions in each area at a point in time. It is not intended to imply that any individual route is entirely snow and ice free and drivers must be aware that conditions can change rapidly and make their own assessment of conditions for travelling.
Road condition reports for Friday 13 January 2023 are as follows:
- Ross and Cromarty East (as at 09:36): Road surface temperatures above zero this morning, no action being taken. No overnight issues reported.
- Lochaber (as at 08:33): Damp roads with positive road surface temperatures, no known overnight issues
- Caithness (as at 08:11): Road surface temperatures all positive, damp roads, no issues reported.
- Badenoch and Strathspey (as at 07:53): Wet roads throughout the area with higher temperatures than forecast. North end of the area treated as a precaution. No known overnight issues.
- Nairn (as at 07:46): Positive temperatures throughout the area. Hill routes treated as a precaution. No known overnight issues.
- Inverness (as at 07:17): Higher than predicted road surface temperatures, no winter action this morning, no known issues
- Sutherland (as at 07:02): Most routes clear this morning, some high level routes being patrolled and treated as a precaution.
- Skye and Raasay (as at 05:32): Positive road surface temperatures this morning, no winter action. No issues to report overnight