Consultation Dates for East Inverness and South Nairn Development Options
The Highland Council’s consultants (Halcrow) have prepared an interim report which examines long term growth options for land abutting the communities of Culloden and Nairn. This work forms part of a wider master-planning assessment for the A96 Corridor stretching from the Raigmore interchange to the Auldearn bypass, including a Green Framework to protect and enhance the intervening countryside.
Five development options have been prepared in each case by stakeholder groups drawn from the community, local businesses, landowners and various agencies. These draft proposals provide for different amounts of (and locations for) housing, community, business and recreational facilities to be built over the next thirty years or so. They also incorporate potential new ‘bypass’ arrangements for the A96 trunk road as well as improved bus/rail and cycle/pedestrian connections.
The public consultation sessions will take the form of a staffed exhibition to be held at Inshes Church on Monday 11 September; on Wednesday 13th at Culloden Library and at Nairn Community Centre on Thursday 14th. Each session will run from 12.30pm until 9pm and planning staff will be in attendance to explain the development options and answer questions.
Copies of the report will be available for inspection during normal opening hours at the following locations from the 25 August 2006:
• THC Service Point, The Courthouse, High St, Nairn
• Nairn Area Planning & Building Standards Office, Barron House, High St, Nairn
• Post Office, Lochdhu
• Post Office, Auldearn
• THC Inverness Service Point, 23 Church St, Inverness
• Inverness Area Planning Office, 1-3 Church St, Inverness
• Inverness Library, Farraline Park, Inverness
• Post Office, Culloden Shopping Centre, Culloden
• Culloden Library, Keppoch Road, Culloden
• Community Room, Smithton Primary School
• Community Room, Cradlehall Primary School
• Balloch Hall
• The Highland Council, Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness
• THC Ardersier Service Point, Station Road, Ardersier
• Post Office, Croy
The document is also available on-line from the Council’s WEBSITE at :
All responses to the consultation must be returned to the Director of Planning and Development before Monday 25 September 2006.