Caithness groups receive funding boost
Christmas came early for a number of local organisations in Caithness when they received cheques from the Council’s Wards Discretionary Budget.
The cheques were presented by Caithness Members at a ceremony in Wick Town Hall held on Monday 17th December 2012.
Organisations who received awards were;
• Wick Coastal Rowing Club - £3000 towards material to build new boats;
• Caithness Kuki Sool Wan Club - £1000 towards travel costs to the Championships held in Liverpool;
• Caithness Big Band - £3198 towards cost of uniforms and equipment;
• Ormlie Community Association - £1500 towards cost of running their Junior Warden Scheme;
• Lieurary Hall Committee - £3000 towards the cost of new furniture;
• St Johns Loch Improvement Society - £9000 towards cost of a new Anglers Lodge.
Caithness Civic Leader Councillor Gail Ross said: “My fellow Councillors and I were delighted to present the cheques to these community groups for their very worthwhile projects and look forward to seeing the benefits this funding boost will bring the groups.”