New capital projects approved for Highland primaries
The new projects, which will be funded from the Council’s Education, Culture and Sport capital programme will be completed in the financial year 1 April 2014 – 31 March 2015.
Councillor Alasdair Christie, Chair of the Council’s Adult and Children’s Services Committee welcomed the funding approval for the capital works, he said: “I welcome the projects in each school which are either urgently required or will address important issues like accessibility and school security. I am also pleased to see the nursery provision at Duncan Forbes Primary being significantly improved and expanded.”
The projects include works at:
- Duncan Forbes Primary, Culloden - refurbishment of toilets at £125,000 which are in poor condition; and works on nursery classrooms costing £225,000 which will increase the capacity of the nursery and address issues with the suitability of existing provision.
- Grantown Grammar - alterations to the school’s administration block costing £150,000. These works will address accessibility and security issues and provide an appropriate level of accommodation.
- Millbank Primary - £50,000 conversion of the former dental unit into a Nurture Room.
- Miller Academy Primary - Access ramps and paths costing £50,000 will address accessibility issues at the school.
- Stratherrick Primary - alterations to the school’s administration block costing £150,000 will address accessibility and security issues and provide an appropriate level of accommodation
- Tain Royal Academy – urgent replacement of the games hall floor is required at a cost of £50,000.