Interim elections for community councils
Nominations are invited from people seeking election to three community councils in the Highlands for Smithton and Culloden Community Council (Inverness); Fortrose and Rosemarkie Community Council (Black Isle); and Bower Community Council (Caithness).
The deadline for receiving nominations for each community council election is:
- 4pm on Wednesday 27 May 2015 for Smithton and Culloden;
- 4pm on Wednesday 3 June 2015 for Fortrose and Rosemarkie; and
- 4pm on Wednesday 10 June 2015 for Bower.
If contested, the community council elections will be held by postal ballot which must be received by 4pm on:
- Thursday 25 June 2015 for Smithton and Culloden;
- Thursday 2 July 2015 for Fortrose and Rosemarkie; and
- Thursday 9 July 2015 for Bower.
Anyone seeking election must be entered in the current Electoral Register for the community council area, or if aged 16 or 17 years old, have completed a Voter Registration application.
Nomination forms and copies of the scheme for the establishment of community councils can be downloaded from the Highland Council Website under “community councils” at www.highland.gov.uk/elections; or obtained on request, by e-mail from:
- email@example.com for Smithton and Culloden Community Council or from Inverness Service Point;
- Diane.firstname.lastname@example.org for Fortrose and Rosemarkie Comunity Council or from Fortrose Service Point; and
- David.email@example.com for Bower Community Council or from Wick or Thurso Service Points or phone 01955 609 501.
Completed nomination forms must be submitted for:
- Smithton and Culloden Community Council to: Jimmy Flint, Ward Manager, The Highland Council, Town House, High Street, Inverness, IV1 1JJ .
- Fortrose and Rosemarkie Community Council to: Diane Agnew, Ward Manager, The Highland Council, Council Offices, High Street, Dingwall, IV15 9QN
- Bower Community Council to: David Sutherland, Ward Manager, The Highland Council, Government Buildings, Girnigoe Street, Wick KW1 4HW.
The Ward Managers will accept e-mailed copies of nomination forms as long as they have been correctly completed and contains the signature of the candidate and witness.
Further information is on the council’s website.