Transport providers invited to find out “How to supply Highland Council”
The Highland Council is inviting transport providers large and small to a series of events being held throughout the Highlands to find out how they can tender to supply transport services for the local authority.
Representatives from the Council’s Transport and Procurement Units will be holding the events throughout October in Thurso (22nd), Ullapool (23rd), Portree (26th), Fort William (27th), Aviemore (29th), Inverness (30th) and on the 2nd November in Lairg and Auchtertyre, Kyle.
These events mark the beginning of a process by the Council inviting transport operators to be considered for inclusion on a new list of suppliers to provide school and public transport services within the Highland area as part of a new Framework Agreement.
The Framework will be used for a variety of different types of transport and providers can be considered for one route or any number of routes within geographic areas of their choice, using vehicle and transport types that they are interested in.
Information relevant to the Framework process will be published on the Public Contracts Scotland and Public Contracts Scotland Tender web portals during the week commencing 12th October 2015 including:
- the invitation for inclusion on the Framework Agreement http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/ ; and
- the tender documents https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/esop/pts-host/public/pts/web/login.html
This process is not confined to electronic applications only. Paper applications will also be accepted.
Anyone interested in finding out more about this opportunity and how to tender, should come along to one of the following events:
- 22 October 2 – 4pm: The Education Room, Caithness Horizons, Old Town Hall, Thurso
- 23 October 1:30 – 3:30pm: Macphail Centre, Mill Street, Ullapool
- 26 October, 10:30am - 12:30: Aros Centre, Viewfield Road, Portree,
- 27 October 10am – 12 noon: Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, Fort William
- 29 October 10am – 12 noon: Aviemore Leisure and Community Centre, Muirton, Aviemore
- 30 October 10am – 12 noon: Main Hall, The Town House, Inverness
- 2 November 10am – 12 noon: Lairg Community Centre, Lairg
- 2 November 5 – 7pm: Auchtertyre Community Learning & Development Centre, Kyle, The Old School, Auchtertyre