Six Head Teachers appointed in Highland schools
The Highland Council has appointed 6 new Head Teachers at schools in the Highlands. The appointments include:
- Nigel Engstrand as Head Teacher at Inverness Royal Academy. Nigel is currently Head Teacher at Speyside High in Moray.
- Pamela Hill as Head Teacher for Strontian Primary School. Pamela currently teaches at Acharacle Primary School.
- Isobel McAlister as Head Teacher of Broadford Primary School, she was previously Head Teacher at Strathconon Primary School.
- Jenny Kiss, Acting Head Teacher at Kilmuir and Staffin Primaries was appointed Head Teacher of this cluster on a permanent basis.
- Tania Mackie, Head Teacher of Ben Wyvis Primary, was formerly cluster Head Teacher of Park and South Lodge Primary Schools in Invergordon.
- Angela Downie has been appointed as Head Teacher at Cauldeen Primary School in Inverness. Originally from Wick, she is currently Head Teacher at Millwards Primary School in Essex.
Bill Alexander, Director of Highland Council’s Care and Learning Service said: “I would like to welcome and congratulate each of our new Head Teachers. The Head Teacher sets direction and is the leader of our school communities, and I am very pleased to have filled these important vacancies with excellent appointments.”
“At the recent Northern Summit we agreed to work with the Scottish Government and neighbouring local authorities to address the challenges in teacher recruitment across the north, and considered a range of ideas and potential actions. The appointment of first class Head Teachers is a key priority, and the Council is also keen to attract new staff to work in a variety of vacancies in schools across the region.”
The Highland Council is keen to attract other qualified teachers to come and live and work in the Highlands to a variety of vacancies throughout the region.
Visit https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/highland-council for our current list of vacancies or to speak to someone about moving to work as a teacher in Highland, please contact our Workforce Planning and Staffing Team on 01463 702734.