Lochaber groups benefit from Highland Council support
Five community projects in Lochaber
are the latest to benefit from support of The Highland Council.
Lochaber Councillors have allocated
over £17,600 from their Ward Discretionary budget to the following groups:
· Lochaber Strathspey and Reel Society – A £900 contribution towards the 2016 Fiddlers Rally;
· £7,500 to the Ballachulish Community Company to go towards their Hydro Scheme project;
· £5,500 to Fort William Marina and Shoreline Association to help towards the costs of a wave study for their pontoon project;
· £3,569 to Kinlochlovin’ Community Enterprise
for the purchase of sound equipment for community arts and sports projects;
· £150 for promotional material for the 2016 Lochaber
Road Users Safety Campaigns 2016.
Chair of the Lochaber Area Committee, Councillor Thomas MacLennan said: “Our Ward Discretionary Fund is for helping local groups and organisations run projects that bring benefits to their local area. All five of these applications were very worthy of our support so I am delighted we have been able to allocate funding to them. We look forward to seeing all these exciting plans for the coming year take off.”