Culloden and Ardersier by-election result
Trish Robertson has been elected as Culloden and Ardersier Ward Member.
The by-election for a councillor to serve the Culloden and Ardersier Ward (No 18) on The Highland Council has been won by Trish Robertson – Scottish Liberal Democrats.
Trish Robertson was one of nine candidates, who contested the vacancy, after John Ford, one of four councillors for Ward 18, sadly died in July.
The other three Ward Members are Councillors Roddy Balfour (Independent), Glynis Sinclair (SNP) and Kate Stephen (Scottish Liberal Democrat)
Voting was by the single transferable vote and Trish Robertson emerged as the winner at the 8th and final stage of the count. The turnout was 30.51% there were 2768 valid papers and 50 rejected papers.
The candidates were:
• Andrew JARVIE - Scottish Conservative and Unionist, 589 votes
• Thomas LAMONT – Independent, 23 votes
• Andrew James MACKINTOSH - Scottish Labour Party, 180 votes
• Isla MACLEOD-O'REILLY - Scottish Greens, 209 votes
• Duncan MACPHERSON – Independent, 414 votes
• David MCGRATH – Independent, 158 votes
• Pauline MUNRO - Scottish National Party (SNP), 1001 votes
• Trish ROBERTSON - Scottish Liberal Democrats, 1026 votes
• John ROSS – Independent, 362 votes
The political representation of the 80-member Council now is Highland Alliance (6); Independent (32); Labour (7); Liberal Democrat (13); Scottish National Party (19); Non-aligned (3).