‘Fun and frolics’ at Inverness Street Festival
Provost of Inverness Helen Carmichael today (13 October) joined Mike Smith, Inverness BID and Jackie Cuddy, Eastgate Shopping Centre for the launch of the seventh Inverness Street Festival at Falcon Square.
The festival takes place from Thursday 13 till Saturday 15 October in Inverness city centre with a host of top street performers from across the UK and as far as North America showcasing their acts.
Provost Carmichael said: “What fun and frolics Inverness BID and Eastgate Centre have brought to Inverness. City of Inverness Area Members are delighted to support this weekend of events - through the Inverness Common Good Fund - that will attract people to the city centre creating a vibrant shopping experience.”Staged to promote the wider city centre retail area, the Festival takes place in the Victorian Market, High Street and Falcon Square/Eastgate Centre each day.
The acts appearing at this year’s Street Festival are:
- Abigail Collins - She touches the heart, fires the brain and tickles the funny bone.
- Granny Turismo - Mary, Marge & Betty show off their super shopping trolley dance routines.
- Billy Kidd - One of the best magicians in the world
- Herbie Treehead - Unhindered by reality this cult figure creates a performance extravaganza out of nothing.
- Groovy Guy Collins - Cheeky humour combined with awesome juggling, circus and magic tricks
- Silverman - His show is a visual delight for all the family.
- Rimski Piano - The Master multi-tasker will play and sing as he cycles his piano!
- Nick Robson-King – An illusionist with a difference; you will become utterly mesmerised!
- Big Rory & Ochie – Giant loveable rascal Big Rory takes his pet dog Ochie walkies.
- Eden Court Creative – Look out for Chefs Arom’ing who will tickle your tastebuds with hilarity!
The Festival is jointly funded by Inverness Business Improvement District (BID), Eastgate Centre and the Inverness Common Good Fund.
Jackie Cuddy, Eastgate Centre Manager said “'Eastgate retailers are excited about the return of the Street Festival which brings a real buzz to the area. We are delighted to be supporting the Festival again this year as it continues to grow along with the quality of the acts performing at it.”
Mike Smith, BID Manager said “We’re delighted to be bringing some of the best street entertainment in the world – and a little chaos – to Inverness! “During last year’s Street Festival a survey revealed that 91% of those attending had come to the city centre specifically to see the Festival.
“Both Inverness BID and Eastgate Centre are very grateful to the Inverness Common Good for their support for the Inverness Street Festival.”