Inverness temporary road closures
Motorists are being advised of temporary road closures and traffic restrictions in Inverness on Sunday 22 January 2017 which are for public safety during Eden Court’s Burns Celebration procession.
The temporary traffic restrictions will affect vehicular traffic, but pedestrian access and access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
The closures will come into effect on Sunday 22 January and will remain in effect during the times listed below and only then under the direction of a Police Constable in uniform.
- Bishops Road closed at its junction with the access road leading to Highland Council’s car park to its junction with Ness Walk Upper, between 16:55 and 17:05.
- Ness Walk Upper, Inverness, closed at its junction with Bishops Road to its roundabout junction with Ballifeary Lane, between 16:55 and 17:05.
- Ness Bank and Cavell Gardens Road, Inverness, closed to through traffic between its junction with Castle Road and its junction with Island Bank Road, between 17:00 and 17:20.
- Castle Road, Inverness, closed at its junction with Haugh Road to its junction with Bridge Street, between 17:00 and 17:25.
- Ness Walk, Inverness, closed at its junction with Young Street to its con-junction with Ardross Terrace, between 17:15 and 17:30.
- Ardross Terrace, Inverness, closed at its con-junction with Ness Walk to its junction with Bishops Road, between 17:15 and 17:35.
- Bishops Road, Inverness, closed at its junction with Ardross Terrace to its junction with the access road leading to Highland Council’s car park, between 17:15 and 17:40.
The Council has regarded the safety and convenience of alternative routes suitable for the traffic which will be affected by these closures.
For further information on Eden Court’s Burns activities visit: www.eden-court.co.uk/