Skip to content
You are here: Home | Your countryside rangers | Your Countryside Rangers and Access Officers

Your Countryside Rangers and Access Officers

The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 places a duty on the The Highland Council to assert, protect and keep open and free from obstruction any route where the right of responsible access might be reasonably exercised. A number of officers are based throughout the region, see map below, contact details are available on the Highland Council website. The Cairngorm National Park Authority has the same duties with regards the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 as The Highland Council and any enquiries for the park area should be directed to them.

Access officer area map December 2023

Countryside Rangers operate within High Life Highland, an arms length body from The Highland Council which promotes opportunities in culture, learning, sport, leisure, health and wellbeing throughout Highland. The Countryside Rangers work with school groups and lead public guided walks in part to promote the natural heritage of Highland but also to educate good practice in exercising acces rights.

See for more information.