We offer a range of services, to help you to enter the workplace and move on to working independently.
We lead the development of an employability strategy in partnership with Job Centre Plus and Skills Development Scotland to prevent and reduce poverty by supporting more people into sustained employment.
We are leading the development of a strategy in partnership with:
- Department of Work and Pensions
- NHS Scotland
- Skills Development Scotland
We help people who need support due to a variety of barriers including:
- Learning and physical disabilities
- Drug and alcohol addictions
- Offending behaviour
- Mental health issues
- Lone parents
- Young people with additional support needs
Our services include:
- Working with people individually and in small groups to help with confidence building and personal tasks such as developing CVs, job searching and interview preparation
- Funding short training courses
- Providing work experience to give people opportunities to help build their confidence and inter-personal skills
- Facilitating work clubs across the Highlands which offer motivation skills, advise on interview techniques, help with literacy and numeracy, CV building, and job searching
- Working with other agencies and organisations to coordinate inter-agency work and make sure people are helped to understand and navigate paths to employment and the world of work
Our service is part of our economy and regeneration section and works as part of our “Working together for the Highlands” economic and business growth strategy.