Innovation Challenge Fund
Utilising Scottish Government funding in support of No One Left Behind in the Highlands, HEP partners have agreed to run a one-off Innovation Challenge Fund in financial year 2022/23 to develop innovative approaches to support people experiencing particular challenges which prevent them from progressing towards and within employment.The fund is open to public sector and constituted third-sector organisations who have an operational base within Highland, to apply for funds of between £10,000 and £50,000.The funding is available until March 2023 and therefore only projects that can complete or are well underway before the end of March 2023 will be considered. Projects that would fit the criteria are those that:
- Provide short term work that adds value to existing projects;
- Pilot a new approach in a particular area or for a particular client group;
- Undertake feasibility/ planning work for further development.
The purpose being to provide short-term investment in new and innovative ways of working which will have a long-term positive impact on the delivery of employability services in the Highland Council area, in particular enabling engagement with priority groups including:
- People for whom disability is a significant employability barrier
- People with protected characteristics, who are experiencing inequality, to enhance participation in employability services and / or employment.
- Working parents seeking to up-skills and develop a career path
Applications for the continuation of existing projects are not eligible, except where the project is an additional short-term intervention that will have a long-term positive impact.
It is essential that you read the guidelines for this scheme before you complete the application form.
Innovation Challenge Guidelines
Innovation Challenge Application Form
Application forms and supporting documents must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 24 th October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact the Highland Council Employability Team