Advice and guidance
Building Standards Customer Journey - are you doing building work or home improvements? If so, this guide is for you.
Our building standards policy notes give customers advice on how we will deal with a variety of issues. Each policy note is developed from staff discussion, often based on issues brought to us by our customers. Our policy group meets regularly and policy is formed by consensus.
Local Authority Building Standards Scotland is our national building standards organisation, and they have also produced a number of policies.
If you have any issues which you think would benefit from the clarity a policy note provides, please contact your local building standards office.
- BST 001 - Filter mounds
- BST 002 - Multifoil insulations
- BST 003 - External timber cladding
- BST 005 - Stairlifts to common stairs in flats
- BST 005A - Stairlifts to maisonettes
- BST 007 - Jack and Jill doors
- BST 008 - Split level dwellings
- BST 009 - Sanitary facilities in small premises
- BST 014 - Landings
- BST 016 - Non-access manholes
- BST 017 - Tundish discharge
- BST 018 - Caravans and mobile homes
- BST 019 - Dwellings with limited entrance storage accomodation
- BST 020 - Biomass installations policy
- BST 021 - Self closing fire doors
- BST 022 - Unexpected low air infiltration rates domestic