Benefits - Plus One Scheme
The Plus One Scheme allows a person with high support needs to apply for a card which will give them greater access to a range of events and education, culture and sports venues.
The scheme does this by issuing eligible individuals with a Plus One Card. This should be shown when buying admission or tickets for any participating event or venue and allows an accompanying carer to gain access free. The cardholder will pay the normal rate of entry for themselves.
Who can claim
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident in the Highland Council area
- Be unable to access education, culture and sports facilities or venues without the assistance of a carer or attendant for reasons of:
- Sensory impairment
- Physical impairment or frailty
- Learning disability
- Mental health problems
Not all people with the above disabilities require the assistance of a carer or attendant. The scheme only applies to those who do require such assistance.
Automatic entry to scheme will be given on proof of any of the following:
- NEC card with the plus one logo
- In receipt of higher rate care component
- In receipt of middle rate care component
- In receipt of attendance allowance
- Registered blind
- Eligibility certificate from GP (Note: the service point can provide a form for this purpose)
- In receipt of the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
How to claim
Please visit our contact us page.