Food premises registration

Fishing vessels food premises registration

Who needs to register?

All fishing vessels where the catch is exported directly or indirectly to any EU Member State must be registered as a food business with us. This will include arrangements to have your vessel(s) inspected by us.

It is the responsibility of the fishing vessel food business operator or their representative to register with us. Failure to do so may result in your catch being unable to be exported to EU Member States at the end of the transition period.

It is therefore a legal requirement to register. However, there is an exemption if your catch is intended either solely for your own consumption, or it does not exceed 25 kilograms and is for direct sale from the quayside.

If your fishing vessel 'home port' is located within the Highland Council area (for example Scrabster or Wick) then you must register with us.

This online registration form is limited to one fishing vessel per submission. Should multiple vessels need to be registered then a new online application is required per fishing vessel.

Based on the activities carried out, certain fishing vessels are required to be approved rather than registered. If you are unsure whether any aspect of your food operations would require your establishment to be approved, please contact us for guidance.

Register a vessel

Fishing Vessel Register

Related Downloads