Children with disabilities
How we support children and families
We work with various departments in NHS Highland to offer a service to help children and families. This includes working with:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
The children's disability teams are part of the family teams. This makes sure all children with disabilities are considered first as children, and their needs are assessed in the context of their family, school and community. We want children and young people with disabilities need to be included in and nurtured by their families, their schools and their communities.
Do you have a question about the development or wellbeing of a child or young person in Highland? Call us on Tuesdays or Thursdays, 1–4pm. A health or educational professional will call you back within a few days.
Staff usually available are:
- Autism Practitioner
- Community Learning Disability Nurses
- Educational Psychologists
- Infant Feeding Support workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Primary Mental Health Workers
- Psychological Service Home Visiting Teachers
- School Nurses
- Speech and Language Therapists
Please call us on 0300 303 1365.